More and more companies are realizing steel strapping is an older, less safe and more expensive technology to contain loads. There are numerous customer benefits to making the conversion to polyester strapping from traditional steel strapping. First Polyester strapping often saves over 40% in material costs vs steel strapping. It’s the type of savings that’s worth the evaluation. Innovations in polyester strapping tools and polyester strap are expanding the applications where customers can reduce their operational costs by making the conversion. Polyester strapping has breaking strengths equivalent to steel and can be higher than steel strapping. Even the most demanding applications can benefit from polyester strapping.
- It’s safer to use. Polyester greatly reduces the lost time injuries and liability caused by the weight, sharp edges and ends of steel strapping
- Polyester strapping is up to 4X lighter making it much easier to handle
- Polyester longer length coils save valuable labor requiring less change time. Each coil has almost 4 times the material per coil
- Polyester strapping is cleaner and non-corrosive, it will not rust or stain products
- Polyester is non-abrasive and will not mar products
- Polyester strapping has high impact resistance making it less likely to burst
- Polyester has “elastic memory” and contains loads tighter
- Used Polyester strapping is easier to discard and recycleWith friction weld tools like the Polychem B600 you can reduce your strapping labor by 80%! Their light weight hand operated strapping tools, eliminate the use of buckles, and are extremely simple to operate. More and more customers have converted to battery powered hand strapping tools and polyester strapping. It’s been an industry win in reducing operational costs.