There have been lots of changes to the typical corrugated boxes! Recycled Content is something that is becoming very popular! More than 90% of all corrugated boxes are now recovered for recycling. Corrugated boxes now have more than 40% of recycled content as well. While there are benefits to using these recycled materials, there is concern about the performance of an adhesive on these boxes. Have no Fear! Paksouth and 3M have made improvements within the RCT Portfolio to increase performance. These improvements include:
- Making adhesive softer
- Allows the adhesive to flow across and into rougher surfaces
- Improves wet-out adhesion
AS A RESULT= RCT ADHESIVE FLOWS BETTER AND GIVES BETTER BOX ADHESION, ALLOWING YOU TO HAVE A WIDER VARIETY OF SURFACES AND GETS RID OF THE NEED TO WAIT FOR A CHALLENGING BOX SURFACE!
Paksouth and 3M have also created two different kinds of tape to adhere to recycled material.
Scotch® Box Sealing Tape 311+
– Is a high performance industrial packaging tape for box sealing, splicing, recouperage and other demanding packaging applications.
– Adheres to a variety of surfaces, including on corrugated boxes with over 70% recycled content.
– Can be applied at freezer and refrigeration temperatures of 20°F to 50°F (-6.6°C to 10°C).
– Once applied, performs well on fiberboard boxes subjected to temperatures below 32°F (0°C).
– Quick, easy application by hand, manual dispensers or 3M-Matic™ Case Sealers.
– Available in 48mm and 72mm widths.
Scotch® High Tack Box Sealing Tape 371+
Provides a tamper-evident seal with the highest strength and durability in tough environments
- Adheres to a variety of surfaces, including on corrugated boxes with 100% recycled content.
- Once applied, performs well at temperatures as low as 30°F (-1.1°C).
- Tamper-evident, clear tape can be custom printed to promote your brand.
- Quick, easy application by hand, manual dispensers or 3M-Matic™ Case Sealers.
- Available in 48mm and 72mm widths.